Group Guitar Classes
Ages 7 – Adult / All Skill Levels
In a small setting of 4 students, our guitar group classes are fun while providing skills and tools for the future guitarist. In class you’ll learn how to Tune, read, use of the scales, play chords, strum, picking, finger picking and other guitar techniques, along with playing songs from different styles. Class materials are included.
The guitar is a popular choice for most students along with the piano, thanks to its wide range. As a guitarist you can play melodies as well as harmonies and rhythms. Guitarists have the ability to play an infinite amount of variations of articulations, such as slide, hammer, slur, bend, finger pick, tap, vibrate, strum, etc! The guitar is portable and easy and fun to itemize with colors, shapes, gears, and accessories. There are 3 types of guitars: Classical guitars (nylon strings) Acoustic guitars (steel strings), and Electric guitars.
Our lessons are commonly divided in 3 main sections:
- Warm ups: including scale, techniques, and exercises
- Harmony and chords, as well as theory concepts.
- Goal songs: Could be a song of your choice arranged for your level by our teachers, or the teacher’s recommendation, depending on your path, or both.
Each of our lessons are tailored to the needs of the student. Right from the first lesson, you will be playing a simple song.
We host recitals every month in our performance hall. Every student of the music school can join and perform the music of their choice. It is also an opportunity for many to meet music friends and create groups and music ensembles. We also host twice a year a Summer and Winter music festival, usually held over 2-3 days, where students perform their favorite music.
Our teachers have extensive education experience in music and many perform regularly with local orchestras or bands.
Our Guitar Teachers:
Schedule for Group Classes:
The groups meet 1 hour per week. Because our group lessons are carefully planned and organized, they are not on a drop in basis. After each session of 20 weeks, students are eligible to enroll to the next level, or change group depending on their pace and desires.
Advantages of Group Classes:
- Fun learning environment
- Opportunity to play duets, trios and small ensemble pieces
- Inspired by our peer’s performances
Ready to Learn Guitar?
Please contact us for additional information!
Why Learn in a Group?
Playing in a group is musically satisfying.
Most music is performed in groups, whether in a band, orchestra, or a choir. Learning together strengthens individual rhythm skills and listening habits and develops confidence. Group music students who wish to share their music with the rest of the class will have the opportunity to perform solos.
What happens once the session is over?
After the session (usually 20 weeks) is over, the student has several options:
- You are eligible to continue with the same group, in the next level, on the same day and time, with another 20 weeks session.
- You can transfer to another group if your learning pace is faster or slower, or if the time and day is no longer convenient.
- You can transfer to private lessons!